Account/Project Management Intern
As an agency founded by two Creative Directors, we make sure the idea comes first. And we firmly believe it can come from anywhere. The Creative Director, the Account Director, even the Intern. We’re a small agency and everyone is hands-on and responsible for making the Fancy engine run.
And that could include you.
We’re currently looking for an intern to assist with account/project management and new business development efforts throughout the summer. This would be an ideal position for someone in school looking to learn how a small agency works and get some experience - from client management skills to new business development strategies and tactics to agency operations and general business acumen. You’ll be working on real client work and helping to make real improvements in the efficiency and quality of our work.
In your role, you will:
- Work both on your own and directly with our Account Director(s) on existing client work and new business efforts
- Keep agency and client status reports up to date and alert the team to any changes or slippages
- Research new business opportunities at the direction of the Fancy team – new industries, clients, contacts, etc.
- Sit in on client meetings where appropriate to learn more about building client relationships
- Contribute ideas and solutions to projects
- Assist in building client and new business presentations
- Perform miscellaneous tasks, as directed by the Fancy team
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- Currently enrolled in an Advertising, Marketing, or Communications degree
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Able to collaborate or work independently as the projects determine
- Able to present work, take feedback, and remain positive
- Strong organizational skills and a healthy respect for deadlines
- Up on current trends, culture, and events, with ideas of how to integrate them into the work you’d do with us
- Excited about working in a fun, female-led, and fast-paced agency culture
- Self-starter who enjoys switching gears for different clients throughout the day
- Good sense of humor
- Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office/Mac iWork, Adobe Creative Suite, Asana and other business software a plus
We would love to have someone in our office (in NYC’s Financial District) 2 days per week, but can be flexible about which ones. Aside from experience and skills, we will provide whatever documentation you might need for school credit and, upon successful completion of the internship, references and introductions and a potential contract position with Fancy.
If you believe in curiosity, building good relationships, and yourself we encourage you to send your resume and a letter describing what matters to you via the link below. Please put “account intern” in the subject field.